Which game is most crucial to the 2009 season?

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Dawgs Hoping To Crush Tigers

It's Saturday in Athens people! Does that bring chills to anyone besides me? It's especially important this Saturday when the Dawgs play the rivaled Auburn Tigers. Kickoff is set at 3:30 between the hedges.

"Black Out"

Mark Richt has announced that the senior players of his football team have requested a "black out" this Saturday in Athens. What exactly is a "black out?" Well, it's when everyone in Sanford Stadium wears black. Richt says that the players think it will just be cool and also can be a sign of unity between the fans and the players.
I think it can work, if only we could just get rid of the ugly orange and blue that will also be there. So, if you are going to the game on Saturday: WEAR BLACK. Don't ruin it for the Bulldog Nation or the senior football players. It's the last time they get to play Auburn, so do it for them.

Looking Back

OK, now that we are all going to look the same, let's hope that Georgia can play as a team on Saturday. Last year, as I'm sure everyone remembers, we showed the #5 Auburn team who was boss with a 35-15 spanking at Jordan-Hare Stadium. This time the Dawgs are ranked higher, and the game is in Athens. All the more reasons to do the same thing this year. Here is a video with highlights from last year's win over Auburn.



The Numbers

Auburn leads the series in this rivalry, 52-48-8. The Tigers are 17-9 in Athens, and have won nine of their last 11 games played in Sanford Stadium. Also, Georgia has not beaten Florida and Auburn in the same year since 1982. Hey, the odds may be against us, but remember they were last year too!

How Important is This Game?

If you ask me, this could be one of the most important games yet. The reason for this is that everyone has 2 losses in the SEC. So, this game could put us in the driver's seat to a visit to Atlanta on December 1st. Go Dawgs!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Shelby K,
I have enjoyed your article about the Aubrun Tigers. I usually don't pay attention to anything that has to do with sports and I was surprised that when I picked up this article and started reading it.
I think that this sentence, "Mark Richt has announced that the senior players of his have requested a 'black out' this Saturday in Athens." This sentence actually pulled me into the article and I was wondering if 'black out' meant a black out as in no electricity.
Your article was very interesting and I hope you write more interesting articles like this one.

ScoopDawg2 said...

Thanks for your comment but this is not Shelby K it is Kathryn C. The reason you thought it was Shelby was because we both work on this blog together, but you found it on Shelby's youth voices page.

The black out doesn't have anything to do with electricity. In this case it meant that the senior players wanted all the Georgia fans to wear black to the game. Also, Mark Richt got black jerseys for the players to wear. The stadium was black, that is why it is called a black out.

Thank you for commenting our page. I hope that you continue to read our blog.

Anonymous said...

Dear ShelbyK,

I enjoyed your blogpost, "Dawgs Hoping To Crush Tigers" about your football team. I usually am not interested in anything having to do with sports but yours was interesting. One thing you said in your blogpost was "What exactly is a 'black out?" I am in agreement with you because I do not know what a black out is. Your article was very interesting and I hope you write more interesting articles like this one