Which game is most crucial to the 2009 season?

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tigers get a whoppin'

Game Recap


Blackout Was Rockin'


OH MY GOSH! The Georgia-Auburn Game was awesome! I loved every minute of it! I loved the black jersey's, I think they need to wear them more often. When I first heard about the blackout idea, in the back of my mind, I always thought they might come out in black jersey's, but Mark Richt never said a definite yes or no. When the game came on TV you never saw Georgia warming-up but the announcers said they had warmed up in red jersey's, but when they ran through the Georgia poster they were in black. After that the crowd just went insane, they were all in shock, but so was I. I personally think that now that we have the black jersey's we need to wear them more often! Here are some quotes I found where some of the players and Mark Richt talk about the Black jersey's.

Brandon Coutu -

"Only the seniors knew. The rest of the team didn't know until right before the game. We went out there and did the coin flip in red [jerseys] because we wanted the team to get all the cheers. It was fun the see the whole place get electrified like that. It was nice to see the whole fan base back us. We're all in this together. The Bulldog Nation definitely had our backs tonight.

"Nobody saw the jerseys until right before the game. It was dark and we had all the lights out while we said our team prayer like we usually do. When the lights came on our black jerseys were out. The locker room went pretty crazy. Same reaction from the team as we had from the fans."

Fernando Velasco -
"I didn't tell my girlfriend, I didn't tell my mama, I didn't tell nobody. That was the only way it could work."

Knowshon Moreno -
"We really didn't know. We walked in, [the black jerseys] weren't here. In the back of our minds we thought this week it was going to happen and then today we thought it really wasn't. It was really exciting when they gave them to us."

Offense

Georgia's offense was incredible with Brown and Moreno, neither one of them could be stopped. When Brown was in he was either make good runs or blocking for us. When Moreno was in he was running the ball or making good blocks (didn't anybody know he could block?) so Stafford could throw the ball. Sean Bailey made some good catches as well, he had 4 catches with 96 yards in all and 1 touchdown. Matthew Stafford completed of 11 of 19 passes and threw for 237 yards including 2 touchdown passes, with only 1 interception. Knowshon Moreno had 22 carries and rushed for 101 yards and had 2 touchdowns.

Healthy? I think so!


Thomas Brown is back and healthy! He had 14 carries and 81 yards in all. He had 1 touchdown in the game.

Defense

The defense was pretty pumped up as well. Maybe it was the black jersey's? The first play of the game Auburn's quarterback, Brandon Cox, was going to throw a pass and safety Kelin Johnson intercepted the pass. In the entire game Brandon Cox threw four interceptions. I kinda felt bad for the guy. Incase you didn't know, last year when we were at Jordan-Hare Stadium Brandon Cox threw four interceptions then too.

tag: , , , , , , ,

No comments: